Friday, March 6, 2015

How to tweet to defeat the money monster

I have posted entries which solicit tweeting to defeat the money monster in politics. See Tweet to defeat the money monster.

Some billions of dollars will be spent in the 2016 election cycle, and go to feed the money monster.

A few organizations are battling the monster. The organizations have a little money, but that money doesn't have a chance without massive grassroots caring by voters, who are willing to do things which show they care.

This will be very hard to achieve.

The organizations are trying their best. They know how hard it is to get voters to care and to show they care.

One way is for the organizations to get petitions signed by voters.

More, however, is needed. Petitions don't take much effort to sign, there are petitions about many different things, and campaign finance reformers should seek more emphatic manifestations of voters caring about defeating the money monster in politics.

I offer the tweeting campaigns I am trying to get going.

Can they happen?

I don't know, but let me endeavor to keep you informed of the effort going on.

If tweeting campaigns are to happen, they need organizing, and the organizing needs to be done by or through one or more of the organizations fighting against the money monster. This takes a decision by an organization that tweeting campaigns are worth trying, and that resources will be used to promote them. I am urging to the organizations that they do this, but, to my knowledge, none have made a decision to promote tweeting campaigns.

To encourage the organizations, I am undertaking to find willingness to tweet among followers of the organizations. I have sent hundreds of tweets to followers of @MAYDAY.US@MoveToAmend, and @WolfPAChq. These have resulted in over 2000 page views of Tweet to defeat the money monster and a lot of retweets, favorites, and other responses. Some WolfPAC followers in Washington, Missouri, and California have expressed a willingness to do tweeting and I have passed that information to the Wolf PAC state leaders for those states.

I am now tweeting links to this blog entry.

I will particularly tweet again to those who have previously retweeted or favorited me, and give a link to this entry.

This is the only way I know how to try to build this.

I hope further willingness to tweet is indicated by followers of the organizations. I will pass that information along as well to the organizations. Even better is for those followers to contact their organizations themselves and say they would like to see tweeting campaigns conducted.

Slowly, something may begin to happen.

Update 3/8
I am working my way through sending links to this entry to @WolfPAChq followers. Also, I have sent these email messages to the WolfPAC state leaders of Missouri, California, Washington, Florida, and Ohio:
Dear Missouri state leader,
Please allow me to introduce myself by means of this blog entry of mine: Tweet to defeat the money monster.
In doing my tweeting, I came upon a Wolf PAC follower in Missouri who expressed an interest in doing tweeting such as I am suggesting.
If you would like to follow up on this, and I can help you out, please let me know.
Sincerely,

Dear Alison,
Please allow me to inform you of The Campaign Finance Reformers Blog and, in particular, of tweeting campaigns that I am trying to get going as described in the blog entry Tweet to defeat the money monster.
In doing my tweeting, I came upon a Wolf PAC follower in California who expressed an interest in doing tweeting such as I am suggesting.
If you would like to consider the idea of a Wolf PAC tweeting campaign in California, and I can help you out, please let me know.
Thank you.
Sincerely,

Dear Jeff,
Please allow me to inform you of The Campaign Finance Reformers Blog and, in particular, of tweeting campaigns that I am trying to get going as described in the blog entry Tweet to defeat the money monster.
In doing my tweeting, I came upon a Wolf PAC follower in Washington state who expressed an interest in doing tweeting such as I am suggesting.
If you would like to consider the idea of a Wolf PAC tweeting campaign in Washington state, and I can help you out, please let me know.
Thank you.
Sincerely,

Dear Erik,
Please allow me to inform you of The Campaign Finance Reformers Blog and, in particular, of tweeting campaigns that I am trying to get going as described in the blog entry Tweet to defeat the money monster.
In doing my tweeting, I came upon a Wolf PAC follower in Florida who expressed an interest in doing tweeting such as I am suggesting.
If you would like to consider the idea of a Wolf PAC tweeting campaign in Florida, and I can help you out, please let me know.
Thank you.
Sincerely,

Dear Chris, [sent 3/9]
Please allow me to inform you of The Campaign Finance Reformers Blog and, in particular, of tweeting campaigns that I am trying to get going as described in the blog entry Tweet to defeat the money monster.
In doing my tweeting, I came upon a Wolf PAC follower in Ohio who expressed an interest in doing tweeting such as I am suggesting.
I am aware of the Wolf PAC plan and the mission of state leaders to get voters in the state to urge their state legislators to pass a call for a convention of states. 
I live in Alabama and have contacted the Alabama state leader. I am interested in learning about the Wolf PAC effort being made in Alabama and whether a tweeting campaign could be a helpful component of the effort.
I have also been communicating to Wolf PAC followers outside of Alabama to push my idea in other states as well.
I have not yet been able to engage in discussion with any Wolf PAC state leader about my idea. This email is part of trying to do that. If there is anyone on the Wolf-PAC Ohio team I could have a discussion with, please advise me.
Thank you.
Sincerely,

Update 3/10
I have sent links to this entry to followers of Represent.Us. I have had about 20 retweets. I have not had a response from my contact at Represent.Us to the email I sent him which is posted on my Tweet to defeat the money monster blog entry.

Update #2  3/10
I have started sending links to this entry to followers of StampStampede.

No comments:

Post a Comment