Saturday, December 13, 2014

Team up with Represent.Us cont'd

In my November 26th posting Team up with Represent.Us re: small business, I described joining in to help Represent.Us with an initiative it has to obtain endorsements by small business owners of the provisions of the American Anti-Corruption Act. To get started, I sent to the Birmingham Business Alliance (Birmingham's Chamber of Commerce) the email posted at Small business owners and money in politics. I said that I would likely contact more chambers of commerce locally, and that I would then consider contacting small business owners directly.

Today I starting contacting more chambers of commerce (see Other chambers of commerce). I also started tweeting to followers of @BHMBizAlliance who appeared to be small business owners or significantly employed by small business. My tweets gave a link to Small business owners and money in politics. You may find my tweets under Tweets & replies in my twitter account. My blog page view counter shows 19 page views today of the linked page.

This is not great shakes what I have done today. I bother making this entry because I see so little going on by MAYDAY supporters to publicize MAYDAY to voters and others at the grassroots level, and I would like to spur more grassroots action by MAYDAY supporters.

Maybe it is hopeless to try to do that, and maybe there will never be much grassroots activity by MAYDAY supporters.

Time will tell.

UPDATE

12/14 My tweeting yesterday appears to have resulted in my letter to the Birmingham Business Alliance being picked up and posted by Small Business News at http://paper.li/AdamGoldstien/1336546104#!politics

No comments:

Post a Comment