Thursday, November 27, 2014

Team up with Represent.Us re: small business

The Represent.Us organization is conducting an initiative to obtain endorsements by small business owners of  the provisions of the American Anti-Corruption Act. This initiative is set out at Represent.Us small business endorsement.

At the link, Represent.Us says:
The corruption in our political system is causing our elected officials to focus their time and effort to their campaign donors instead of serving their constituents. Represent.Us is building a grassroots movement to end this corruption.
We’re asking small businesses to sign on as endorsers of the campaign. 88% of small-business owners have an unfavorable view of the role money plays in politics, and now they're taking action by publicly endorsing our anti-corruption campaign.
We’re asking small-business owners to endorse the Represent.Us Campaign. Help us collect endorsements by reaching out to small-business owners in your community.

In my Congressional campaign in the AL 6th Congressional district, I tried to call the attention of the business community generally to its concerns about the country's economic recovery being threatened by "fierce political divide" and about Congress being a "primary culprit." See my campaign blog entry  BhamBizJournal: "Congressional Inaction Could Derail Recovery".

As part of that, I sent communications to the Birmingham Business Alliance, the Business Council of Alabama and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.  These communications particularly submitted  two ideas or concepts which I believed were worthy of consideration by the chambers in order to improve Congressional performance and the governance of the country by Washington DC.

This past week I joined helping Represent.Us with its small business initiative, with my own campaign. I sent to the Birmingham Business Alliance the email posted at Small business owners and money in politics. I will likely send similar emails in due course to more chambers of commerce locally. Depending on the reactions I get from chambers of commerce, I will then consider contacting small business owners directly.

I think MAYDAY supporters should consider this "line of charge" I am employing in the direction of the business community in my area, and whether the Represent.Us initiative offers a means to begin a similar "line of charge" in the direction of the business community in their area to aid their efforts to advance MAYDAY's goal in their locations.

Continued at Team up with Represent.Us cont'd.

No comments:

Post a Comment