Tuesday, November 18, 2014

How is MAYDAY doing?

Who thinks MAYDAY supporters can do anything to advance MAYDAY's goals?

What can they do?

Looking at the websites and Twitter, I am unable to see that they are doing much other than a lot of talking back and forth and liking on Facebook.

Maybe MAYDAY supporters can do little or nothing to advance MAYDAY's goals, and the exhortations I am trying to make are pointless.

If so, please tell me, and maybe I will agree that I am wasting my time and stop what I am doing.

Let me review a little data for your consideration.

By sending out hundreds or thousands of tweets, I have been able to generate 820 pages views of Just answer the question, Gary Palmer.

By sending out a couple hundred tweets to @MAYDAYUS followers in the past two weeks, I was able to generate 235 pages views of  From the AL 6th Cong'l district: I am not crushed,  and 80 page views of  Roy Cho candidacy: Root problem vs. multiple issues.

The foregoing page views generated maybe 40 retweets, favorites, and Twitter following from those MAYDAY supporters who received the tweets

Was it worth it to send individual tweets to @MAYDAYUS followers?

The past couple of days I decided it's not worth it to send individual tweets to MAYDAY followers, and instead I would send one tweet to @MAYDAYUS using hashtags #maydayus and #maydaypac.

Sunday I tweeted to @MAYDAYUS  a link to Where's our massive public mobilization?, and yesterday I tweeted a link to What about candidates?. Those have each received 10 page views.

Plain and simple, if massive public mobilization is needed for MAYDAY, the interest among MAYDAY supporters for doing things to achieve that seems massively lacking to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment