Monday, December 29, 2014

To Move To Amend supporters

I have been pushing the MAYDAY.US agenda, which seeks to elect a reform minded Congress in 2016.

There are many "get the money out" activists who are pushing other things, which seek the same ultimate objective as MAYDAY. These include, at the Federal level, seeking amendment of the Constitution and/or Congressional passage of reform legislation, and, at the state and local level, pursuing complementary anti-corruption reform measures. Move To Amend is a leader organization on the constitutional amendment front.

With the commencement of the 2016 election cycle, I wish to advocate to Move To Amend supporters that they be informed about MAYDAY's agenda and what MAYDAY supporters are doing to advance that agenda. This is with the idea that Move To Amend supporters may be persuaded to undertake efforts on behalf of MAYDAY, in addition to their constitutional amendment efforts.

MAYDAY's objective of electing a reform minded Congress in 2016 is so ambitious that it might be viewed as a fantasy. Any Move To Amend supporter needs to decide about that for him or herself, in making a decision about whether to spend any time and effort on behalf of MAYDAY.

If you don't reject out of hand the potentiality of MAYDAY's plan, I urge you, in addition to looking at the MAYDAY.US website, the MAYDAY Facebook Page, and the MAYDAYPAC Facebook Group page, to take a look at this MAYDAY Supporters Blog I created. In the blog, I am trying to throw out ideas and suggestion for what MAYDAY supporters might do in order to advance the MAYDAY plan. Please note particularly my advocacy of similar minded organizations, and their supporters, endeavoring to work together and be mutually supportive.

I also ran for Congress in the Alabama 6th Congressional district this year. My campaign was essentially a single issue campaign for reducing the influence of money in politics. I think I developed some good stuff in my campaign, and I urge you take a look at my campaign blog Be An Alabama Rootstriker* with Rob Shattuck.

If you have any questions or want to discuss my ideas and suggestions for trying to advance MAYDAY's objective, please contact me. (Email rdshattuck@gmail.com).

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. There is no doubt in my mind that MONEY owns our government at this time. It doesn't have to be this way, if we ban TV ads for politicians. There should be the same small amount of money from the Federal government, for each candidate that has a significant following. In this day of the internet most people know more than they realized about the candidates.Spending billions on elections is absurd. The election "season " should be three months. We have a very short attention span. Take a look at Europe...they are much smarter on this subject.

    ReplyDelete