Monday, February 2, 2015

Getting the message out

This follows on my preceding entry re:  MAYDAY's 2015 action plan.

The MAYDAYPAC has funds to spend for getting its message out to voters and to members of Congress in 2015. The MAYDAY leadership will be in control of how that is done.

I am trying to get the MAYDAY message out on my own and without spending money.

This is to give an update about that, for whatever help it provides to others doing or desiring to do the same.

As indicated in the preceding entry, I am currently trying to get MAYDAY's message out to small business in Alabama.

I have done this by sending out hundreds of tweets to followers of the Birmingham Business Alliance and the Business Council of Alabama (which are the Birmingham and State of Alabama chambers of commerce).  The tweets have links to the below blog entries, and the tweets have produced the page views indicated below.


While those page views establish some transmission of the message, I have virtually no read on recipients' reactions, such as that the message was of no interest to them, or that they were interested in the message.

Further, it should be noted that none of the Birmingham Business Alliance, the Business Council of Alabama, or the Birmingham Business Journal have given any response to the numerous communications I have sent to them, going back more than six months. I have no idea whether they are giving any consideration to MAYDAY's message, or whether they prefer for the message simply to go away.

On top of that, I noticed that the BCA Director of Governmental Affairs and Advocacy has blocked me from her twitter account.

In short, perseverance has been needed in my trying to get the MAYDAY message out to small business in Alabama.

Other MAYDAY supporters trying or desiring to get the MAYDAY message out in their areas of the country may learn from my experience.

Continued at More grassroots reporting.

No comments:

Post a Comment