Friday, September 12, 2014

Get business going on our cause

In line with the insistence of MAYDAY.US that its cause is for all of Democrats, Republicans, and independents, I think there is a good appeal to be made to business on our issue.

I believe business also is dissatisfied with our corrupt and broken Congress, and wants this to be fixed just as your more familiar MAYDAY supporters want.

A June editorial in my local Birmingham Business Journal contained these statements:
Even the ongoing recovery is threatened by the fierce political divide that has taken hold in our nation....
As has often been the case lately, the primary culprit is Congress . . ..
The petty disputes in Washington must stop. Business leaders need to take an active role by supporting candidates who won't fall into the red vs. blue and Democrat vs. Republican debates.
This punctuated my own campaign efforts to engage the business community related to our issue. My correspondents were the Birmingham Business Alliance, the Business Council of Alabama, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. 

I  particularly had two ideas or concepts which I believed were worthy of those organizations' consideration for improving the governance of the country by Washington DC and improving Congressional performance.

You can find all of the foregoing laid out at BhamBizJournal: "Congressional Inaction Could Derail Recovery"

I urge other MAYDAY supporters to take a look at the approach I have made to the business community and determine whether they consider the approach useful in their own efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment