Sunday, September 28, 2014

Close the gap between MAYDAY and the voters and candidates

I have been strenuously advocating that MAYDAY supporters be aggressive in interfacing with voters and with candidates, in order to publicize MAYDAY's platform, and to advance MAYDAY's goal to elect a reform minded Congress in 2016. (It should be obvious why tons of grassroots work is needed here.)

More than a month ago I tried to push that onto the MAYDAY.US Facebook Group, and was rebuffed.

The Facebook Group has now expressly limited itself to being "a community discussion forum" and reiterates: "This is a discussion page, there is an official MAYDAY Facebook Page, here: https://www.facebook.com/MAYDAYdotUS".

Regarding the Official MAYDAY Facebook Page, it appears some selected people are able to post on the timeline there, but there does not appear to be any general posting rights or procedure for a person to get posting rights. Most all the posts on the timeline of the official MAYDAY Facebook Page are by MAYDAY.US, and the general public is limited to posting comments on timeline posts made by MAYDAY.US and by those selected persons who can make timeline posts.

Reviewing both the MAYDAY.US Facebook Group page and the Official MAYDAY Facebook Page, I see very little going on to promote and encourage MAYDAY supporters to interface with voters and with candidates, as is needed to publicize MAYDAY's platform, and to advance MAYDAY's goal to elect a reform minded Congress in 2016.

I started a blog I called The MAYDAY Supporters Blog to  promote and encourage MAYDAY supporters to interface with voters and with candidates. As you can see from that blog, I have undertaken significant efforts to get other MAYDAY supporters involved in the effort.

I have gotten retweets, but I cannot tell that MAYDAY supporters are doing much of anything to interface with voters and with candidates in the way I am urging in my blog.

I think MAYDAY is allowing an unfortunate gap to exist between MAYDAY and the voters and candidates.

I hope someone will take steps to change this state of affairs.

I am more than happy to be an organizer of MAYDAY supporters by and through my MAYDAY Supporters Blog, but right now I do not have any MAYDAY supporters who are  offering themselves to be organized.

Unfortunately, I am excluded from posting on the MAYDAY.US Facebook Group page, and cannot post a link to this on that page, and can only post a link to this in a comment on  the Official MAYDAY Facebook Page, which I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment