Thursday, August 14, 2014

My tweeting thus far; suggestions

My tweeting history can be found at this link on twitter: https://twitter.com/RobShattuckAL06/with_replies. It is in reverse chronological order. I don't know whether you need to be a follower of mine to see it. I don't know how complete the tweeting history is you can see.

At the end of July, I did tweeting into New Hampshire. I used the following the tweet message
#nhpolitics Support MAYDAY.US. Vote for Jim Rubens in the NH Republican Senate primary on September 9th. https://mayday.us/
My recollection is that I used the follower list of the NHGOP, which follower list is here https://twitter.com/NHGOP/followers. There are over 4000 followers. I guess that I sent about two hundred tweets, working through the list in order and using a little selectivity as to followers I sent a tweet to.

During the first full week in August I tweeted a couple hundred tweets into the Iowa 3rd Congressional district. The tweets gave a link to this: To voters in Iowa 3rd Congressional district. I used the follower list for Staci Appel, which follower list is here: https://twitter.com/AppelforIowa/followers. I did not get completely through the follower list, but almost. My tweets generated about a hundred page views of the link, plus some retweets and favorites from my tweets.

If you agree with the tweeting I have done, that tweeting should easily give you ideas about tweeting you can do.

There should be numerous twitter follower lists that you can utilize for New Hampshire and the Iowa 3rd Congressional district.

In addition to Jim Rubens and Staci Appel, MAYDAY announced it is supporting: Walter Jones (R, NC-3), Carol Shea-Porter (D, NH-1) and Ruben Gallego, Democratic candidate in Arizona’s seventh congressional district to replace retiring Congressman Ed Pastor. There should be numerous follower lists which can be found for tweeting into those districts.

As to the tweet message you want to send, the tweet messages I have used can start your thinking. 

If you would like an entry to be placed in this blog which your tweet message can link to, I am sure I can accommodate whatever you would like drafted for such entry. Just let me know.

I don't think you should consider yourself limited by the Congressional races MAYDAY is focusing on. Find other districts and other candidates where you would like to direct your tweeting.  Check out the candidates and districts that are mentioned in the comments on MAYDAY's reddit page here.

If you tell me what tweeting you are doing or have done, I will report the same in this blog, with such personal identification, or not, of yourself, as you desire.

Update 8/19

See My tweeting going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment