Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Tweet bombing for Congressional candidates

At the start of the weekend before New Hampshire's September 9th primary, I tweeted to MAYDAY supporters a link to this: Let's tweet bomb into New Hampshire for Jim Rubens. There were over 600 page views of that link, most of which occurred prior to the Tuesday primary.

I personally sent a couple of hundred tweets (in the form I suggested) to followers of @NHGOP on twitter. I got both retweets and also flak complaining about my tweets being spamming. On balance, I think the positives of my tweeting outweighed the negatives.

I did not become aware that any other MAYDAY supporters took up my tactic and sent their own tweets into New Hampshire.

There are 27 days left until Election Day. This is extremely valuable time to capitalize on the public's attention to electoral political matters.

I think "tweet bombing" is an excellent way to publicize MAYDAY and publicize Congressional candidates who want to advance MAYDAY's goal. These can be the Congressional candidates MAYDAY is expressly supporting, as well as candidates MAYDAY supporters identify as being meritorious of their support.

Everything done now to publicize MAYDAY can help looking towards 2016.

The tweet message can be very simple, such as:
#[appropriate hashtag] Support MAYDAY.US. On Nov. 4th, vote for ______ in the ________ Congressional district election. https://mayday.us/
I think "tweet bombing" can be more effective if MAYDAY supporters do it in an organized way.

Please tweet me or email me at rdshattuck@gmail.com if you would like to join with me in doing "tweet bombing" for Congressional candidates in the run up to Election Day.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment